We are happy to announce that we are ready for the first public beta of our long-awaited Ubuntu 20.04 + ROS Noetic image.
You can download the beta here: https://ubiquity-pi-image.sfo2.digitaloceanspaces.com/2021-08-06-focal.img.xz (~900MB)
Please note the following:
- The firmware upgrade script in ubiquity_motor does not work, we are still in the process of the Python 3 port.
- There is no GUI installed by default, if someone figures out how to get LXQT from Lubuntu started properly please let me know.
- roscore and magni-base still start on boot, if you don’t want this please disable
- This is still an 32-bit armhf image, so ROS2 is not available over apt-get. Because raspicam/mmal support for 64-bit arm64 is still a work in progress, we decided to stick with 32 bit for now.
- The image is pretty minimal, there are probably a lot of packages that should be installed but aren’t
- Ethernet is handled by systemd-networkd instead of ifupdown. The ifupdown service is not installed, so changes /etc/network/interfaces will have no effect. This may change before the final release.
- Locales aren’t properly generated in the image build, so you will likely see many locale warnings
- pifi buttons and leds are not working at the moment.
The pifi SSID will be
pi-focalXXXX and the wifi password is still
robotseverywhere. The Linux login is still
ubuntu with the password
Lets also keep all the discussion of this beta image in this thread.
Like our work? You can send us a tip on Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org