We are experiencing that a magni robot may under certain conditions uncontrollably move at maximum velocity.
This is reproducible 100% by the following steps:
- Start magni motor node
- Publish a twist message periodically on /cmd_vel (e.g., 0.1m/s forward, 30Hz)
- Observe Magni moves forward as expected
- Stop motor node
- Observe Magni stops as expected
- Stop publishing messages on /cmd_vel
- Start magni motor_node
- Observe Magni is moving at max velocity for a short period of time seemingly proportional to the original velocity.
This looks like the firmware’s integral is winding up when it is in an unconnected state.
Since we regard this kind of uncontrolled movement as a security issue, we would greatly appreciate help with it.